TRAUMA SENSITIVE MINDFUL MOVEMENT
Training for Yoga, Mindfulness and Movement Teachers
JUNE COURSE DATES 2021
TEACHING TRAUMA SENSITIVE MINDFUL MOVEMENT training for teachers/facilitators
Our courses and international teacher training’s are facilitated by world class, highly skilled and experienced national and international teachers and educators. See our latest offerings below or visit our home page for all the latest yoga teacher training, courses and events.
Training for conscious teachers who wish to learn how to provide supportive, stable and accessible trauma informed movement/mindfulness session.
Wednesdays x 3.5 hrs – 9th, 16, 23rd June
Mondays x 3. 5 hrs – 21st, 28th June and 5th July
(UK GMT 9:30 am till 1:00 pm – UK/IRELAND/SCOTLAND
EUROPEAN CENTRAL TIME CET (GMT +1) 10:30 – 2:00pm
NSW/VIC/QLD – 6:30 – 10:00pm SA/NT 6:00 – 9:00 pm WA/ASIA 4:30 – 8:00pm
Timeframes: 3 x 3.5 hour sessions
Where: Anywhere in the world (online via zoom)
COST: $270 AUD (earlybird ends 24th May – $300 AUD thereafter)
Location: – Zoom Live Class rooms
Please email Monique for registration details Click here
Manual x 1
7 x Mindful Movement Practices (video’s)
Lecturers/workshops (10.5 hours) live
Ongoing support and mentoring (total 15 hrs CEC’s)
This course is for:
Yoga and movement teachers
Therapists and Allied health care workers
or who have completed one of the following:
MBSR 8 week course
Yoga teachers (minimum of 200 hrs qualification)
Accredited mindfulness teachers
(MBCT, EFT, MSC, etc, school teachers)
PATHWAYS – 8 week MBSR course, MBSR TTR1 and TTR2 teacher training courses.
An extensive manual is also included as well as 3 x 3.5hr sessions and pre- recorded mindful movement practices.
All FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT can be an opportunity to become aware, awake and present. Movement such as yoga, Qi Gong, Yin Yoga, Hatha yoga, various other styles of yoga as well as mindful running, mindful walking, mindful sitting..
The difference between Mindful Yoga and the wide variety of yoga practices, is that the focus is on mind-body awareness, as opposed to aesthetics.
As we learn more about mind – body connection we have discovered the importance of the fascial body and its infinite connections with the brain. How we FEEL emotionally and physically has a profound effect on how we MOVE, how we THINK and RESPOND also has an overall effect on our movement. If we have suffered a trauma or are living with trauma our bodies will adapt and change in order to ‘cope’ or ‘regulate’ the associated trauma held in the fascial/neural body.
During this TT you will learn how to weave IA (interoceptive awareness) and proprioceptive cues into your classes that are considerate and mindful of trauma.
And understand the foundations of Mindfulness and the principles of introducing agency and permission through your guidance. You will learn how to adapt and modify movement that is functional whilst providing trauma sensitive cues and language ◇ BASED on current and latest research studies and David Treleven’s Trauma Sensitive teachings, providing a supportive and inclusive space for your student’s and communities.
Monique is an international yoga, Pilates teacher and mindfulness coach.
Monique’s most recent role of the past 10 years has allowed her as creator and business owner of Synergy Yoga and Pilates to share the power of mindfulness and movement with communities far and wide. Having taught over 5000 hours of movement and completed 1500 hours in training in various styles of yoga and Pilates.
Monique has integrated her past work experiences and studies in Behavioural and Social Sciences as a Youth Worker, Mental Health Support Worker, Addictions Counsellor, Lecturer in Adult Education and Co-morbidity with her experience of guiding yoga, Pilates, movement and Mindfulness. Monique is also a teacher for the global enterprise app @Wellness.coach, providing private coaching as well as group meditation and movement sessions.
Monique is a qualified teacher and facilitator of the popular 8-week Mindfulness Course MBSR or otherwise known as Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. Endorsed by Jon Kabat Zinn and The University of Massachusetts. Monique completed TR1, TR2 and TR3 with The Mindful Academy at Solterreno Retreat Centre in Spain.
LEARNING THEMES AND OUTCOMES
SESSION 1 – 3.5 hrs
- What is Mindfulness and Mindful Movement?
- What does it mean to be Trauma Sensitive?
- The role of the Whole Network – fascinating Fascia
- Emotion in Motion – 6th and 7th Senses
- Guiding with awareness
- Best practices – providing safety and support
- Practice session
SESSION 2 – 3.5 hours
- What is Trauma and how does it affect us
- Window of tolerance and self-regulation
- Signals of trauma
- Keeping participants safe via language, cues and agency
- Integrating relevant conditions that include trauma sensitive practices
- Best practices for teaching trauma sensitive mindful movement
- Practice sessions
SESSION 3 – 3.5 hours
- Foundations of Mindful Movement
- Body, thoughts and emotions – Attention
- Integrating the Attitudes
- Weaving intentional mindfulness cues and language into your classes
- Best practices review
- Practice sessions and teaching
At the conclusion of these session’s participants will:
- Understand how to provide a creative, supportive, trauma informed and heartfelt mindful movement session both online and in person
- Have foundational understanding of best practices for teaching students of all shapes, sizes and ability, providing movement that is functional and accessible
- Have an understanding how to adapt and modify movement according to student’s needs and providing safe and supportive conditions for those who may have experienced trauma at some point in their lives.
- Have an understanding how to teach students both online and in person with clear cues and guidance that are trauma sensitive
- Implement guidance that provides interoceptive and proprioceptive cues
- Have an understanding of how to integrate the foundations of mindfulness into class led session
Feel confident to teach mindful movement to meet a range of student needs that include:
- Trauma sensitivities and best practices
- Aches and Pains
- Offer functional movement classes
- Offer invitational cues and agency that provide trauma sensitive options
- Online and in person
- Weaving in the foundations of mindfulness during classes – IAA
This course accrues requirements 15 CECs for YACEP Yoga Alliance USA
Please note this course does not qualify you to become a ‘Trauma therapist/specialist” nor a Trauma Sensitive Yoga Teacher (TTSY) or certified a mindfulness teacher. The course is designed to provide you with information so that you are better equipped to be able to provide trauma sensitive sessions and practices that are inclusive for your community and participants. This course may be a pathway to ongoing studies in trauma and mindfulness trainings such as MBSR or MBCT or EFT
Learning more about how trauma affects our nervous system, behaviours and connective tissues And interoception and proprioception even though I have learnt these concepts before myself, I feel they are very important for the content of the course….Megan….
It exceeded my expectations…. Charlotte…
A good mix of both intellectual information and somatic experience of what we were discussing, I loved the lectures and I loved the practices and also the opportunity through the you tubes links to practice in my own time….Melanie Mclaughin – The Yin Space
The course was wonderful and delivered more than expected……Sarah…
You are really authentic and passionate about the subject wanted to give us as much as you could. I really enjoyed it and it was very well presented….Karen....
To Register please email Monique Leverington email@example.com